Thursday, June 26, 2008

You wanna mess with me?

I've often said that Viva is the top dog in my house but to look at them day to day, you'd never know it. Last night she proved it once again.

My neighbors have a rather elderly bulldog mix. Generally she's okay, but she has a very bad habit of doing a roaring bum's rush on me when I try to get to my car. Yesterday morning she scared the bejeezus out of me when I was getting ready to go to work and almost got to my feet before she backed off.

Last night I took Viva and Cala with me to pick Zipper up from his Min Pin Play Date. When I load the dogs in the car, Viva goes out off leash and Cala on leash. Viva is 100% reliable. Cala, not so much. I wasn't paying that much attention and I rounded the back of the van to pop the latch when here came Pippi, charging and roaring. Cala of course immediately fired off a series of barks, which Pippi summarily ignored.

Viva hackled up and took two steps forward, positioning herself a bit forward of Cala, with herself between Pippi and me.

Pippi stopped dead.

Viva lowered her head.

Pippi fell suddenly silent, turned around, and walked back onto her property.

Viva huffed a "well that's done" and waited for me to finish opening the hatch. She then hopped in and settled down. Job done. Just another day at the office.

Yep, she's boss bitch. And every dog she encounters knows it.

No comments: